Twickenham Riverside Terrace Group

A riverside in trust for the community

Demolition of pool site, revised UDP

Council applies to demolish part of pool building

On 14 April, in two planning applications 03/1141/FUL & 03/1142/CAC the Council applied for planning permission to demolish part of the existing pool buildings that are integral to the Terrace development. Text of the notice of application:

03/1141/FUL
Location: POOL SITE, THE EMBANKMENT, TWICKENHAM
Agent: DEARLE AND HENDERSON, COIN HOUSE, 2 GEES COURT, ST CHRISTOPHERS PLACE, W1U 1JA
Proposal: Demolition of pool building (plant/changing rooms and entrance space) hard and soft landscaping of resultant footprint. Partial clearance of poolside lido to form park and children’s play area secured by fencing. Steps from lower to upper area. Short term scheme pending future development envisaged 5 year duration
Library: Twickenham

03/1142 /CAC
Location: POOL SITE, THE EMBANKMENT, TWICKENHAM
Agent: DEALE AND HENDERSON, COIN HOUSE, 2 GEE COURT, ST CHRISTOPHERS PLACE, LONDON W1u 1JA
Proposal: Total demolition of pool changing and plant rooms with exception of retaining wall at rear ground floor
Library: Twickenham

Letters opposing demolition must be submitted to the Council’s planning department, quoting number 03/1141/FUL, and 03/1142/CAC within 21 days of 14 April.

Copies of letters should also be sent to the Government Office for London (GOL):
Mr J Pierce
Government Office for London
9th floor
Riverwalk House
157-161 Millbank
London SW1P 4RR
Email JPIERCE.GOL@go-regions.gsi.gov.uk

The GOL’s rules for demolition in a conservation area are set out on Twickenham Online.

The Revised UDP for the poolsite area
Proposed revisions to the UDP for the poolsite are now online. The Riverside area has been increased to include the Service Road, the car park behind the Abbey National Building Society (currently owned by Dawnay Day, the property company who own the properties on the south (river) side of King St), and the Embankment from the upstream (Teddington) end to the draw dock at the foot of Water Lane.

Comments must be registered by 5 June.

Comments are closed.